- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Prepares nurse assistants and clinical care associates for a broad spectrum of clinical settings from hospital to long-term care to home care. Provides comprehensive coverage of OSHA and OBRA guidelines. Emphasizes interpersonal (communication) skills, technical skills, critical thinking, and age-specific considerations. “Application to Practice” exercises are based on real-life situations, and encourage concept application and the sharpening of critical thinking skills.
The book contains color illustrations.
I. THE HEALTH CARE INDUSTRY
1. The Health Care Environment.
2. Care Delivery Alternatives.
II. EMPLOYMENT OF CLINICAL CARE ASSOCIATES
3. Emerging Health Care Roles.
4. Health Care Employment.
III. THE LANGUAGE OF MEDICINE
5. Medical Terms and Abbreviations.
IV. THE BODY HUMAN.
6. Introduction to the Study of Anatomy and Physiology.
7. The Skin.
8. The Skeletal System.
9. The Muscular System.
10. The Nervous System.
11. The Cardiovascular System and Blood.
12. The Respiratory System.
13. The Digestive System.
14. The Urinary System.
15. The Reproductive System.
16. The Endocrine System.
V. PROBLEM SOLVING AND FUNDAMENTALS OF PATIENT CARE
17. A Nursing Process Approach to Patient Care.
18. Nutrition and Therapeutic Diets.
VII. THE HUMAN PERSON
19 Care Delivery for the Whole Person.
20. Care Delivery for the Dying Patient.
VIII. MENTAL HEALTH NEEDS
21. Understanding Mental Illness.
22. Treating Mental Illness.
IX. THE ENVIRONMENT OF CARE
23. Safety Issues.
24. The Client's Care Environment.
X. ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING TOOLS
25. Essential Procedures and Tasks.
XI. EXPANDED SKILLS FOR THE CCA
26. Advanced Procedures and Tasks.
XII. EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
27. Preventing and Assisting in Emergencies.