About the Author Charles P. Wohlforth is a lifelong Alaskan who has been a writer and journalist since 1986. After graduating from Princeton University, he worked as a newspaper reporter in the small town of Homer, Alaska, and then for the Anchorage Daily News, where he covered the Exxon Valdez oil spill. In 1992, Wohlforth went on his own as a freelance writer for various regional and national magazines and as the author of books such as this one. His Frommer's Family Vacations in the National Parks covers parks all over the United States based on insights from the Wohlforth family's own camping experiences. Wohlforth lives in Anchorage with his wife, Barbara, sons Robin and Joseph, and daughter, Julia. Cruise chapter: Introductory comments by Matt Hannafin and Charles Wohlforth; cruise-planning information and big-ship reviews excerpted from Frommer's Alaska Cruises & Ports of Call by Fran Wenograd Golden and Jerry Brown; small-ship reviews by Matt Hannafin.
Frommer's Alaska 2001by Charles P. Wohlforth, Charles P. Wohlforth, Arthur Frommer
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
- The expert guidance you need to take charge and travel with confidence.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >