About the Authors Karl Samson and Jane Aukshunas, husband-and-wife travel-writing team, find that the sunny winter skies of the Arizona desert are the perfect antidote to the dreary winters of their Pacific Northwest home. Each winter they flee the rain to explore Arizona's deserts, mountains, cities, and small towns. It is the state's unique regional style, Native American cultures, abundance of contemporary art, and, of course, the boundless landscapes that keep the duo fascinated by Arizona. Summers find the team researching their other books, including Frommer's Washington, Frommer's Oregon, and Frommer's Seattle & Portland.
Frommer's Arizona 2001by Karl Samson, Jane Aukshunas
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
- The expert guidance you need to take charge and travel with confidence.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >