Colin Hinshelwood left his hometown of Glasgow, Scotland to travel the world when he was 18. He first arrived in Bangkok in 1987. After countless years in many foreign lands he returned to Thailand to settle in 2001. Working for CPA Media in northern Thailand, Colin, or ‘Hinsh’ as he is known, has written and contributed to several Asian tour guides. In between covering Burmese and Palestinian issues, he contributes regularly to magazines such as Conde Nast Traveller and Travel & Leisure.
Frommer's Bangkok Day by Dayby Colin Hinshelwood
Hoping to visit Bangkok's awe-inspiring temples and learn about Thai culture? Planning to jostle with the locals at the markets, or scream around Bangkok's backstreets in a tuktuk? Not only do we take you to the top attractions, hotels and restaurants, but we also help you access those special moments that locals get to experience -- those 'finds' that turns tourists into travellers.
- The best of Bangkok in one, two, or three days
- Thematic tours for every interest, schedule and taste
- Hundreds of evocative colour photos
- Bulleted maps that show you how to go from place to place
- Hotels, restaurants, shopping and nightlife for all budgets
- A tear-resistant foldout map -- enclosed in a handy plastic wallet you can also use for tickets and souvenirs
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >