Award-winning travel writer Kerry Christiani (www.kerrychristiani.com) has lived in Germany and written about it for the past 6 years. From her home in the Black Forest it's a speedy train ride to Berlin, where the dynamic arts scene, fun-loving locals and happening nightlife draw her back time and again. This was Kerry's second trip to Berlin for Frommer's, but the first time she has seen the capital entirely blanketed in snow, and toasted the New Year with champagne and fireworks at the Brandenburg Gate. When she isn’t digging up treasures for guidebooks, Kerry writes articles for magazines and websites, including BBC Olive and Lonely Planet Magazine.
Frommer's Berlin Day By Dayby Kerry Christiani
Day by Day guides are short and punchy city guides that direct travellers on a short break around the city in the most effective way. The guides are aimed at sophisticated travellers who are looking for a very accessible read to make the most of their stay. Through the use of special-interest tours in the books, travellers are able to get a good idea of the geography of their city instantly before exploring it in an interesting way, giving people some surprising choices for what to see and do, that they might not have thought to consider normally. These travellers know that there's a kind of science to organizing your time on a trip, to avoid a lot of needless backtracking or overbooking and Day by Days provide this information in an accessible way.
- Includes special interest tours that appeal to those passionate about the Golden Twenties, beer connoisseurs, fun-loving families, futuristic architecture followers, art lovers and history pupils and buffs alike.
- Details great neighbourhood walking toursthrough Tiergarten, Museum Island, Kreuzberg, Kurfürstendamm , Under den Linden, Alexanderplatz & Surrounds.
- Includes day tripsto Schloss Charlottenburg & around , Potsdam, and Tropical Islands.
Features outdoor tripsto Tiergarten, Wannsee and Marzahn Recreational Park.
- Enjoy admiring the Brandenburg Gate illuminated by night, walking the wall at East Side Gallery, boutique shopping in the Nikolaiviertel's narrow streets, chilling out with DJs and a dip in the pool on Badeschiff, buying handmade sweets in Bonbonmacherei, gazing up at Old Master paintings in Gemäldegalerie and hopping in a Trabi for a whirlwind tour of the sights.
- 12 Favorite Moments
- The Best Full Day Tours
- The Best Special-Interest Tours
- The Best Neighbourhood Walks
- The Best Shopping
- Brussels Outdoors
- The Best Dining
- The Best Nightlife
- The Best Arts and Entertainment
- The Best Lodging
- The Best Day Trip
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >