About the Authors Combining the only three things he's good ateating, sleeping, and criticizingMatthew R. Poole has found a surprisingly prosperous career as a freelance travel writer. He has written and coauthored more than 20 travel guides to California and Hawaii, including Frommer's San Francisco from $60 a Day and Frommer's Portable California Wine Country. A native northern Californian, he currently lives in San Francisco but spends most of his time on the road. A native San Franciscan, Erika Lenkert spends half her time in Los Angeles and the other half traveling to San Francisco and throughout the state. She's currently a contributing writer for Los Angeles magazine, coauthor of dozens of guides to California, the restaurant editor for California Homes magazine, and has contributed to Brides, Cosmopolitan, and Time Out. Erika is pleased that she actually gets paid to force her opinions onto otherssomething she'd done pro bono for years. Her next challenge? To convince San Franciscans that L.A.'s actually kind of cool. A native of Los Angeles and an avid traveler, antiques hound, and pop-history enthusiast, Stephanie Avnet Yates believes that California is best seen from behind the wheel of a little red convertible. Prior to becoming a travel writer, she worked in the music business, but now prefers to hit the road exploring the Golden State. Stephanie also writes Frommer's Los Angeles, Frommer's San Diego, and the getaway guide Wonderful Weekends from Los Angeles (Macmillan Travel).
Frommer's California From $ 60 A Day (1999)by Erika Lenkert, Matthew Poole, Stephanie Avnet Yates
- Inviting places to stay, from cozy Napa Valley B&Bs to family-friendly motels at
"Clearly the work of knowledgeable locals." San Francisco Chronicle-Examiner "Written by travel veterans with a nose for comfort . Accuracy: high." Details magazine Everything You Need for an Unforgettableand AffordableTrip!
- Inviting places to stay, from cozy Napa Valley B&Bs to family-friendly motels at the beachfor as little as $25 per person a night!
- Great dining at unbelievably low prices, from cafes serving up cutting-edge California cuisine for $12 to authentic Chinese and Mexican specialties for less than $4
- A complete budget sightseeing guide, from Gold Country towns to the San Diego Zooplus spectacular coastal drives, cable car rides, wine tastings, Hollywood TV tapings, and more
- All the details on California's fabulous beaches, natural wonders, and national parksplus the best budget golf, skiing, and whale watching
- Detailed, accurate two-color maps Frommer
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >