Frommer's Cornwall Day By Dayby Sue Viccars
- Special Interest Tours to the Arts & Crafts,
Cornwall day by day is the perfect pocket guide book for independent travellers providing a practical, colourful format with useful, clear maps and expertly designed tours. The guide highlights the must-see places in the region and offers knowledgeable opinion on where to stay, eat and shop.
- Special Interest Tours to the Arts & Crafts, Mining Heritage, Castles & Houses, Ancient Cornwall, Children's Activities, and Cornwall's Gardens.
- How to find the best beaches and where to go for hiking, cycling and watersports.
- Regional tours including Bodmin Moor, the Lizard and Penwith.
- Discover Cornwall's towns and cities with an expert guide to the places to stay, eat and shop around Bodmin, Falmouth, Fowey, Polruan, Launceston, Lostwithiel, Padstow, Penzance, Marazion, St Ives and Truro.
- Top tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip in the Savvy Traveller chapter.
Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out regional map in plastic case
Meet the Author
Sue Viccars has been exploring Cornwall for a long, long time. When she was a child she spent family holidays on a farm near Mevagissey, and has memories of riding the farm pony, days on the beach at Caerhays on the south coast and dodging the surf at Crantock on the north. Later she rented a cottage at Constantine Bay near Padstow; odd weekends in Polruan, Falmouth, Zennor and Penzance followed, and soon she began to explore the South West Coast Path along the county’s cliffs – and Bodmin Moor – on foot. With her sons she has cycled the Camel Trail and Portreath Tramroad, holidayed in Port Isaac, and camped on St Martin’s and Bryher in the Isles of Scilly. Work for a number of publishers has over the last few years involved research in all aspects of what makes Cornwall special: great walks, excellent places to eat, a huge range of places to stay, fascinating history and archaeology, flora and fauna — and, of course, the county’s exceptionally beautiful coastline.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >