about the authors Dan Santow was a senior editor at Chicago magazine and an on-air correspondent for the city's Fox network news. After Chicago, Santow was a producer for "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and a staffwriter for People. He is currently the managing editor of the National Travel division of Rand McNally. Todd Savage is a freelance writer and researcher based in Chicago who has contributed to Chicago magazine, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Reader, Town and Country, and Outside.
Frommer's Irreverent Chicago (1998)by Dan Santow, Todd A. Savage
"Like being taken around by a savvy local." The New York Times "Little fluff and lots of fun." Boston Globe Are you tired of cliché-ridden guidebooks packed with promotional fluff? Then move over to the Irreverent Guidesthe travel series that no tourist board would dare to recommend. Look inside for the lowdown on:
- Great hotels for retromaniacsand which ones to avoid if you hate conventioneers
- Pizza that locals line up for in the dead of winter
- The top sights for techno-heads, talk-show junkies, pork-belly enthusiasts, and Wrightophiles
- Target zones for unrepentant shopaholics
- Where to hang out with raging Bulls fans and listen to blues with the locals
- And much more!
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews