When not gushing over his adopted hometown of Seattle or visiting Portland, author and journalist Jim Gullo travels the world writing magazine articles on food, sports, and culture.
Frommer's Irreverent Guide to Seattle and Portlandby Jim Gullo, Arthur Frommer
"Like being taken around by a savvy local." The New York Times "Little fluff and lots of fun." Boston Globe "Hipper and savvier than other guides." Diversion magazine Are you tired of cliché-ridden guidebooks packed with promotional fluff? Then move over to the Irreverent Guidesthe travel series that no tourist board would dare to recommend. Look inside for the lowdown on:
- Hotels that make you glad it rains all the time
- What Seattle envies about Portland, and why Portland wishes it could be more like its northern neighbor
- Must-see places like the Portland grade school that serves excellent pizza and beer, and the Sleepless in Seattle houseboat
- Where to rub elbows with Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and their minions of Microsoft millionaires
- How to dress down to fit in with the "Aggressively Plain" Northwest fashion scene
- And much more!
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews