About the Author Wayne Curds (chapters 2, 3, 11 through 13, and the Appendix) is the author of Maine: Off the Beaten Path (Globe Pequot) and numerous travel articles in newspapers and magazines, including the New York Times, National Geographic Traveler, and Outside. He lives in Portland, Maine, where he endeavors to support local microbreweries and minor-league baseball. Herbert Bailey Livesey (chapters 8 through 10) is a native New Yorker and a former NYU administrator. After leaving his career in higher education, he worked briefly as an artist before devoting himself to writing full time. He is the author of several travel guides, nine books on education and sociology, and a novel. Marie Morris (chapters 4 and 5) grew up in New York and graduated from Harvard, where she studied history. She has worked for the Boston Herald, Boston magazine, and The New York Times, and she covers Boston for Frommer's New England. She lives in Boston, not far from Paul Revere. Laura M. Reckford (chapters 6 and 7) is a writer and editor who lives on Cape Cod. Formerly the managing editor of Cape Cod Life Magazine, she has also been on the editorial staff of both Good Housekeeping Magazine and Entertainment Weekly.
Frommer's New England 2001by Wayne Curtis, Herbert Bailey Livesey, Marie Morris, Laura M. Reckford
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
- The expert guidance you need to take charge and travel with confidence.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >