- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Our expert authors have already gone everywhere you might go--they've done the legwork for you, and they're not afraid to tell it like it is, saving you time and money. Every Frommer's $-a-Day Guide is up-to-date, with dozens of color maps and exact prices for every single expense, so you can accurately plan each day's budget. Frommer's knows that affordable travel doesn't have to mean making sacrifices. It's about having fun and getting a great deal!
New York is notorious for its high prices. The answer? New York from $80 a Day, which makes the Big Apple affordable for anyone. Unlike most of the competition, it's thoroughly updated every year to keep on top of the latest changes in this fast-paced city.
The guide is meticulously researched by our expert author, who has uncovered the city's best bargains. You'll rely on her candid, indepth reviews of the city's best bargain accommodations, from rooms in charming B&Bs to spacious family suites, plus her tips on finding great weekend packages. Our author will show you incredible deals on dining, from the city's best pizza to affordable fixed-price dinners in French bistros.
We'll show you all the sights, plus the best things to do for free, from strolling Central Park to attending a TV talk-show taping. Rely on us for a complete shopper's guide to affordable fashion and housewares, collectibles, used books, cheap CDs, and more. We'll also show you how to enjoy New York's legendary nightlife for less, with details on free Lincoln Center concerts, discounts tickets for Broadway shows, great neighborhood bars, and hip music clubs with low cover charges. You'll even get a free color fold-out map and an online directory that makes trip-planning a snap!
Another helpful guide for your trip is Frommer's Memorable Walks: New York. If you want a more upscale guide, check out Frommer's New York City.
1. The Best of the Big Apple.
1. How This Guide Can Save You Money.
2. Frommer's Favorite Affordable Experiences.
3. Best Low-Cost Hotel Bets.
4. Best Low-Cost Dining Bets.
2. Planning Your Trip: The Basics.
1. 60 Money-Saving Tips.
Homestay Sweet Homestay.
2. Visitor Information.
4. When to Go.
New York City Calendar of Events.
5. Health & Insurance.
6. Tips for Travelers with Special Needs.
7. Getting There.
Money-Saving Package Deals.
Planning Your Trip: An Online Directory.
3. For Foreign Visitors.
1. Preparing for Your Trip.
2. Getting to the United States.
3. If You're Traveling Beyond New York City.
How to Save on International Airfares.
Fast Facts: For the Foreign Traveler.
4. Getting to Know New York City.
Manhattan's Neighborhoods in Brief.
2. Getting Around.
Deals for Visitors with Wheels: Cheap Parking Tips.
3. Playing It Safe.
Fast Facts: New York City.
5. Accommodations You Can Afford.
2. The Lower East Side.
3. The East Village.
4. Greenwich Village.
Dealmaking with the Chains.
6. The Flatiron District & Gramercy Park.
7. Times Square & Midtown West.
8. Midtown East & Murray Hill.
9. The Upper West Side.
Affordable Family-Friendly Hotels.
10. The Upper East Side.
6. Great Deals on Dining.
1. Restaurants by Cuisine.
2. South Street Seaport & the Financial District.
4. Chinatown & Little Italy.
5. The Lower East Side.
6. SoHo & NoLiTa.
7. The East Village & NoHo.
Bargain Alert—Prix-Fixe Meal Deals.
8. Greenwich Village.
9. Chelsea & the Meat-Packing District.
10. The Flatiron District, Union Square & Gramercy Park.
11. Times Square & Midtown West.
Theme Restaurant Thrills!
12. Midtown East & Murray Hill.
Affordable Family-Friendly Restaurants.
13. The Upper West Side.
14. The Upper East Side.
7. Exploring New York City.
1. Sights & Attractions by Neighborhood.
2. In New York Harbor: The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island & the Staten Island Ferry.
Cheap Thrills: What to See & Do for Free.
3. Historic Lower Manhattan's Top Attractions.
Walking Tour: Wall Street & the Financial District.
4. The Top Museums.
Free Culture at Big Apple Museums.
5. More Manhattan Museums.
In Search of Historic Homes.
Art for Art's Sake: The Gallery Scene.
6. Skyscrapers & Other Architectural Marvels.
What's New in Times Square.
7. Affordable Sightseeing Tours.
Show Me, Show Me, Show Me: Free Walking Tours.
8. Central Park & Other Places to Play.
9. Talk of the Town: Free TV Tapings.
10. Especially for Kids.
11. Attractions in Upper Manhattan.
12. Highlights of the Outer Boroughs.
13. Spectator Sports.
8. Shopping for Big Apple Bargains.
1. The Top Shopping Streets & Neighborhoods.
The Lowdown on Sidewalk Vendors.
2. The Department Stores.
3. Shopping A to Z.
Where the Fleas Are.
Scouring the Sample Sales.
9. New York City After Dark.
1. The Theater Scene.
Bargain Alert—How to Save on Theater Tickets.
2. Opera, Classical Music & Dance.
Bargain Alert—The Classical Learning Curve.
3. Major Concert Halls & Landmark Venues.
Park It! Shakespeare & Other Free Fun.
4. Live Rock, Jazz, Blues & More.
5. Comedy & Cabaret.
6. Bars & Cocktail Lounges.
The Final Word.
7. Dance Clubs & Party Scenes.
8. The Lesbian & Gay Scene.