Nicky Swallow was born in London but has lived in Florence since the early 1980s when she spent several years playing the viola in the opera house there. She started writing about her travel experiences in Florence and Tuscany in the mid '90s and since then has traveled extensively throughout Italy, but she has always had a soft spot for the south, especially Campania. She wrote the Day by Day guide to Naples and the Amalfi Coast for Frommer's in 2010 and writes regularly for magazines and websites about Italy and all things Italian. Downtime is spent with her photographer partner Gianluca Moggi (who shot the photos for this guide) in their olive grove just outside Florence.
Frommer's The Amalfi Coast with Naples, Capri & Pompeiiby Nicky Swallow
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore some of the Amalfi Coast's greatest gems, from the Museo Nazionale di Capodimonte and Museo Archeologico Nazionale in Naples to the ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum. Plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled destinations, like Salerno, Caserta,/b>
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore some of the Amalfi Coast's greatest gems, from the Museo Nazionale di Capodimonte and Museo Archeologico Nazionale in Naples to the ruins at Pompeii and Herculaneum. Plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled destinations, like Salerno, Caserta, and even Procida.
- Where to find the absolute best limoncello in Campania, the loveliest beaches along the Amalfi Coast, the tastiest pizza in Naples, and, of course, the finest gelato that Italy has to offer.
- Insightful commentary on Italy's dazzling array of art and architectural masterpieces, from the Italian masterpieces and archeological treasures on display in Naples to the breathtaking Basilica di Sant'Angelo in Formis on the outskirts of Capua.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinationsthey tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activityno other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews