Fundamental Principles of Engineering Nanometrologyby Richard Leach
Pub. Date: 09/25/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Working at the nano-scale demands an understanding of the high-precision measurement techniques that make nanotechnology and advanced manufacturing possible. Richard Leach introduces these techniques to a broad audience of engineers and scientists involved in nanotechnology and manufacturing applications and research. He also provides a routemap and toolkit for… See more details below
Working at the nano-scale demands an understanding of the high-precision measurement techniques that make nanotechnology and advanced manufacturing possible. Richard Leach introduces these techniques to a broad audience of engineers and scientists involved in nanotechnology and manufacturing applications and research. He also provides a routemap and toolkit for metrologists engaging with the rigor of measurement and data analysis at the nano-scale. Starting from the fundamentals of precision measurement, the author progresses into different measurement and characterization techniques.
The focus on nanometrology in engineering contexts makes this book an essential guide for the emerging nanomanufacturing / nanofabrication sector, where measurement and standardization requirements are paramount both in product specification and quality assurance. This book provides engineers and scientists with the methods and understanding needed to design and produce high-performance, long-lived products while ensuring that compliance and public health requirements are met.
Updated to cover new and emerging technologies, and recent developments in standards and regulatory frameworks, this second edition includes many new sections, e.g. new technologies in scanning probe and e-beam microscopy, recent developments in interferometry and advances in co-ordinate metrology.
- Demystifies nanometrology for a wide audience of engineers, scientists, and students involved in nanotech and advanced manufacturing applications and research
- Introduces metrologists to the specific techniques and equipment involved in measuring at the nano-scale or to nano-scale uncertainty
- Fully updated to cover the latest technological developments, standards, and regulations
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to metrology for micro- and nanotechnology
2. Some basics of measurement
3. Precision measurement instrumentation - some design principles
4. Length traceability using interferometry
5. Displacement measurement
6. Surface topography measurement instrumentation
7. Scanning probe and particle beam microscopy
8. Surface topography characterization
9. Co-ordinate metrology
10. Mass and force measurement
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >