- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Frederic (“Ric”) Martini, now joined by accomplished educator and award-winning teacher Judi Nath as his new co-author, builds on his best-selling text by making the Eighth Edition the most student-focused and the easiest to use of all editions yet published. Student-focused elements include new chapter-opening Learning Outcomes, new sentence-style chapter headings that not only introduce new topics but also teach, and a new and simple Tips & Tricks feature that gives you easy analogies and mnemonic devices to help you remember information. The award-winning art program has been enhanced with more deeply contrasting colors and more dimensionality.
Every book is automatically packaged with Martini’s Atlas of the Human Body, the Interactive Physiology® (IP) 10-System Suite CD-ROM (including the brand-new and eagerly-awaited 10th module on the Immune System), and access to the dramatically upgraded myA&P™ companion website. Convenient references in the chapters of the book to the Atlas, IP-10, and myA&P help you seamlessly integrate each component into your study routine. In addition to IP-10 and myA&P, the enhanced media offerings for this edition include the new 3D Anatomy Animations with Gradable Quizzes, the new 3D Animations of Origins, Insertions, Actions, and Innervations with Gradable Quizzes.
This text now comes with access to MasteringA&P. The great content you're used to seeing in myA&P is also available in the self-study area of MasteringA&P.
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. The Chemical Level of Organization
3. The Cellular Level of Organization
4. The Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. Osseous Tissue and Bone Structure
7. The Axial Skeleton
8. The Appendicular Skeleton
10. Muscle Tissue
11. The Muscular System
12. Neural Tissue
13.The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Spinal Reflexes
14. The Brain and Cranial Nerves
15. Neural Integration I: Sensory Pathways and the Somatic Nervous System
16. Neural Integration II: The Autonomic Nervous System and Higher-Order Functions
17. The Special Senses
18. The Endocrine System
20. The Heart
21. Blood Vessels and Circulation
22. The Lymphoid System and Immunity
23. The Respiratory System
24. The Digestive System
25. Metabolism and Energetics
26. The Urinary System
27. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
28. The Reproductive System
29. Development and Inheritance
Posted November 27, 2012
No text was provided for this review.