Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design / Edition 5by M. Rafiquzzaman
Pub. Date: 05/28/2005
Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design, has long been hailed for its clear and simple presentation of the principles and basic tools required to design typical digital systems such as microcomputers. In this Fifth Edition, the author focuses on computer design at three levels: the device level, the logic level, and the system level. Basic/i>
Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design, has long been hailed for its clear and simple presentation of the principles and basic tools required to design typical digital systems such as microcomputers. In this Fifth Edition, the author focuses on computer design at three levels: the device level, the logic level, and the system level. Basic topics are covered, such as number systems and Boolean algebra, combinational and sequential logic design, as well as more advanced subjects such as assembly language programming and microprocessor-based system design. Numerous examples are provided throughout the text.
- Digital circuits at the gate and flip-flop levels
- Analysis and design of combinational and sequential circuits
- Microcomputer organization, architecture, and programming concepts
- Design of computer instruction sets, CPU, memory, and I/O
- System design features associated with popular microprocessors from Intel and Motorola
- Future plans in microprocessor development
- An instructor's manual, available upon request
Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design is an essential reference that will provide you with the fundamental tools you need to design typical digital systems.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.19(w) x 10.31(h) x 2.04(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Digital Systems.
2. Number Systems and Codes.
3. Boolean Algebra and Digital Logic Gates.
4. Combinational Logic Design.
5. Sequential Logic Design.
6. Microcomputer Architecture, Programming, and System Design Concepts.
7. Design of Computer Instruction Set and the CPU.
8. Memory, I/O, and Parallel Processing.
9. Intel 8086.
10. Motorola MC68000.
11. Intel and Motorola 32- & 64-Bit Microprocessors.
Appendix A: Answers to Selected Problems.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: Motorola 68000 and Support Chips.
Appendix D: 68000 Execution Times.
Appendix E: Intel 8086 and Support Chips.
Appendix F: 8086 Instruction Set Reference Data.
Appendix G: 68000 Instruction Set.
Appendix H: 8086 Instruction Set.
Appendix I: Verilog.
Appendix J: VHDL.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >