Fundamentals of Economics / Edition 6by William Boyes
Fundamentals of Economics remains the first brief survey textbook to thoroughly integrate international economic issues while retaining concise coverage of core economic models. Boyes and Melvin have distilled formal theories to place key microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts in a real-world context. The condensed format gives instructors the flexibility to/i>… See more details below
Fundamentals of Economics remains the first brief survey textbook to thoroughly integrate international economic issues while retaining concise coverage of core economic models. Boyes and Melvin have distilled formal theories to place key microeconomic and macroeconomic concepts in a real-world context. The condensed format gives instructors the flexibility to supplement the Second Edition with outside cases, readings, group projects, and classroom projects.
Each chapter highlights the decisions of real companies and government policies from around the world to illustrate how economic principles affect organizations, governments, and ultimately students. Fundamental Questions preview key points at the beginning of each chapter, reappear next to the relevant in-text discussion, and form the basis of chapter-ending summaries.
- New! The Second Edition includes more discussion of the four market structures (monopoly, perfect competition, monopolistic competition, and oligopoly). The chapters on microeconomics also cover the factors that determine company strategy and market entry.
- New! Now You Try It boxes in each chapter test students' ability to apply the concepts and skills under review.
- New! A glossary appears at the end of the text, reinforcing the key terms located in the margins of each chapter.
- International topics include the effects of exchange rates on individual markets, price discrimination on an international scale, multinationals, measuring national and international economies, a comparative analysis of different countries' fiscal policies, and international banking.
- Chapter 16, Macroeconomic Policy,Business Cycles, and Growth, provides a unified look at the issues related to expansion unlike other texts.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: Markets 1, Economics and the World Around You. Appendix to Chapter 1: Working with Graphs. 2. Markets and the Market Process. 3. The Free Market versus Government Interference PART II: CONSUMERS, FIRMS, AND SOCIAL ISSUES. 4. The Firm and the Consumer. 5. Costs and Profit Maximization. 6. Competition. 7. Business, Society, and the Government. 8. Government Intervention versus Free Markets. PART III: THE NATIONAL AND GLOBAL ECONOMIES. 9 An Overview of the National and International Economies. 10. Macroeconomic Measures. 11. Unemployment, Inflation, and Business Cycles. 12. Macroeconomic Equilibrium: Aggregate Demand and Supply. 13. Fiscal Policy. 14. Money and Banking. PART VI: MACROECONOMIC POLICY. 15. Monetary Policy. 16. Macroeconomic Policy, Business Cycles, and Growth. 17. Issues in International Trade and Finance. 18. Globalization.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >