Fundamentals of Nursing Test Success: An Unfolding Case Study Reviewby Ruth Wittmann-Price, Frances Cornelius
Pub. Date: 11/16/2012
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Based on a philosophy of active learning, this innovative text uses unfolding case studies as a compelling vehicle for learning fundamental nursing content. Unlike traditional vignettes, these case studies evolve over time as real-life situations, better enabling students to develop the skills they need to problem solve, actively engage, and use critical thinking… See more details below
Based on a philosophy of active learning, this innovative text uses unfolding case studies as a compelling vehicle for learning fundamental nursing content. Unlike traditional vignettes, these case studies evolve over time as real-life situations, better enabling students to develop the skills they need to problem solve, actively engage, and use critical thinking techniques in new situations. The unfolding case study method also assists in the development of skills that are important for nursing students about to embark on the NCLEX-RN. The text incorporates all types of NCLEX-style questions into the unfolding case studies to facilitate exam preparation.
This method offers a unique study opportunity that integrates all fundamental concepts and skills application with practice and professional role responsibilities. The patient care content areas that are needed for NCLEX-RN success--safe and effective care, health promotion, physiological and psychological integrity--are interwoven into an engaging format. References at the end of each chapter provide guidance for additional study as needed. Electronic and web resources provide quick access to valuable web-delivered information that will be useful in a clinical setting. eBook versions of this text will take the reader directly to the web resource.
- Integrates core nursing concepts and content into unfolding case studies
- Provides engaging test review preparation for course success and NCLEX-RN test success
- Offers students a refreshing new study option and relief from endless Q&A format offered by other content review books
- Develops critical thinking skills to help students "think like a nurse"
- Incorporates all types of NCLEX-style questions into unfolding case studies
- Springer Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of ContentsPreface
1. Understanding Your Nursing Education and the Need for NCLEX-RN® Success!
2. Nursing History, Theory, and Importance of Evidence-Based Practice
3. Health Care Delivery Today
4. Health and Wellness Concepts of Patients and Families
5. Understanding Human Growth and Development Theory
6. Applying Growth and Development Concepts to Health Promotion
7. The Nursing Process: Assessment
8. The Nursing Process: Nursing Diagnosis
9. Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation of Nursing Care
10. Care Delivery Models
11. Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing
13. Patient Education
15. Patient Psychosocial Concepts
16. Vital Signs
17. Infection Control
18. Medication AdministrationPart I
19. MedicationsPart II
20. Complementary or Alternative Medications and Therapies
21. Patient Mobility and Safety
22. Hygiene and Oxygen Therapy
23. Fluid and Electrolytes
24. Sleep and Comfort
26. Urinary Elimination
27. Bowel Elimination
29. Wounds and Sensory Considerations
30. Perioperative Nursing
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Can I add on more places to the wizarding world and to advertise you should really post on the actual Harry Potter books.
Yes you may add more places!! I name you the official Minister's Assistant. Also can you please advereties at the Harry Books... I'm beenn banned so I can't post anything.