Centered on a strong foundation of hands-on experience, Fundamentals of Phonetics: A Practical Guide for Students, Second Edition, is designed to help instructors provide their students with the most current topics and theories related to phonetics and phonetic transcription.
Highlights of the Second Edition:
- Approaches phonetics in a clear, comprehensive and 'early-stage' manner for students who have not yet begun clinical training.
- Supplemental audio CDs provide students additional practice in transcription by allowing them to listen to various speakers with varying dialects. A CD icon alerts students to listen to the audio recordings while completing text exercises (Chapters 2-8).
- Provides a vast amount of transcription exercises, with more examples of children with phonological problems (Chapters 4-8).
- NEW examples of Arabic and Russian Influenced English.
- NEW exercises that provide practice transcribing the same sentence by more than one speaker.
Supplemental Audio CDs Available!
Provide your students additional practice in transcription through this three-CD set with 180 minutes of recordings. Receive a 10% discount on both the text and the CD set by using this special package ISBN: 0-205-44491-1!
Communication Disorders Supersite
Students now have access to all of this site's quizzes, links, and resources to help them prepare for their tests, papers, and exams. For more information visit http://www.ablongman.com/commdisorders.
Don't Miss These Other Special Value Pack Options:
Research Navigator™ can be a student's best friend when they're facing a large research project. Especially helpful with the toughest challengegetting started Research Navigator™ offers a comprehensive, step-by-step walk-through of the research process, along with access to some of the most respected source databases available. Access to Research Navigator™a $15 valueis FREE when packaged with a new Allyn & Bacon Communication Sciences textbook! If this text did not come packaged with Research Navigator™, look for it in your bookstore or visit http://www.researchnavigator.com today to purchase immediate access.
The Career Center
Do your students need help transitioning from being a student to becoming a professional? With The Career Center, they can register to receive eight 30-minute career counseling sessionsa total of four hours of career consultant time! The Career Center is designed to address the wide range of preparation and life stages of individuals who are attempting to develop their careers. Qualified career specialists advise students as they establish, or reestablish, themselves in today's competitive global economy. The Career Centera $25 valueis FREE to your students when you order it packaged with any new Allyn & Bacon Communication Sciences textbook. Visit www.ablongman.com/careercenter for more information
Contact your local Allyn & Bacon representative and request special packaging codes to take advantage of these great offers.