Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis / Edition 2by Nancy A. Brunzel
Pub. Date: 03/30/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Renowned for its clear writing style, logical organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis, 3rd Edition covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. Expert author Nancy Brunzel shares her extensive knowledge and expertise in the field, presenting key information and essential techniques and procedures, as well as easy-to-grasp explanations of how to correlate data with basic anatomy and physiology to understand pathological processes.
- Vaginal Fluid Analysis chapter covers vaginal wet preps, a topic not found in many other references.
- Case studies help you understand how key concepts apply to real-world practice.
- Full-color images and photomicrographs show you what you should see under the microscope.
- An image glossary presents 94 additional images to help you identify rare and common cells.
- Multiple-choice questions at the end of every chapter allow you to test your understanding of the material.
- A glossary at the end of the book offers quick access to key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Automation of Urine and Body Fluid Analysis chapter helps you understand the automated procedures being used in more and more labs.
- NEW! Body Fluid Analysis: Manual Hemacytometer Counts and Differential Slide Preparation chapter ensures you know how to perform manual analysis methods.
- UPDATED! Coverage of the latest instrumentation keeps you up to date with the technology used in today's laboratories.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.02(w) x 9.82(h) x 0.64(d)
Table of Contents
2. Quality Assurance and Safety
3. Urine Specimen Types, Collection, and Preservation
4. The Kidney
5. The Renal Function
6. Physical Examination of Urine
7. Chemical Examination of Urine
8. Microscopic Examination of Urine Sediment
9. Renal and Metabolic Disease
10. Fecal Analysis
11. Seminal Fluid Analysis
12. Amniotic Fluid Analysis
13. Cerebrospinal Fluid Analysis
14. Synovial Fluid Analysis
15. Pleural, Pericardial, and Peritoneal Fluid Analysis
16. Analysis of Vaginal Secretions
Urine Sediment Image Glossary
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >