Fundamentals of Urine & Body Fluid Analysis / Edition 2by Nancy A. Brunzel
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis… See more details below
Renowned for its clear writing style, organization, level and depth of content, and excellent color illustrations, this reference covers the collection and analysis of urine, fecal specimens, vaginal secretions, and other body fluids such as cerebrospinal, synovial, seminal, amniotic, pleural, pericardial, and peritoneal fluids. It covers all aspects of fluid analysis from basic factual information and essential techniques and procedures, to easy-to-grasp explanations of how data is correlated with the basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology to understand pathologic processes.
- More than 120 photomicrographs are pictured beside their textual explanations to ensure maximum comprehension and understanding.
- Extensive diagrams and tables throughout the text clarify concepts and reinforce content.
- Discussion of each body fluid includes the physiology of formation, its composition, diagnostic importance, and the clinical procedures frequently performed.
- Various pedagogical elements such as chapter outlines, learning objectives, key terms, case studies, and study questions reinforce the most important information in each chapter.
- The chapter on Quality Assurance and Safety (Chapter 2) focuses on the importance of following established lab protocols and guidelines in the clinical lab.
- A glossary of scientific terms appears in the back of the book for convenient reference to succinct, accurate definitions.
- A unique, new chapter on Analysis of Vaginal Secretions covering wet mount preparation, evaluation, and disease correlation.
- A urine sediment image glossary containing over 90 images that serves as a visual reference for identifying cells, crystals, casts, and other elements at the microscope. In addition, these images are almost exclusively of unstained sediment using Brightfield microscopy - the technique most frequently used in clinical laboratories.
- Case studies at the end of relevant chapters to assist in applying key concepts to real-life scenarios and test reader knowledge.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.02(w) x 9.82(h) x 0.64(d)
Table of Contents1. Microscopy
2. Quality Assurance and Safety
3. Urine Specimen Types, Collection, and Preservation
4. The Kidney
5. The Renal Function
6. Physical Examination of Urine
7. Chemical Examination of Urine
8. Microscopic Examination of Urine Sediment
9. Renal and Metabolic Disease
10. Fecal Analysis
11. Seminal Fluid Analysis
12. Amniotic Fluid Analysis
13. Cerebrospinal Fluid Analysis
14. Synovial Fluid Analysis
15. Pleural, Pericardial, and Peritoneal Fluid Analysis
16. Analysis of Vaginal Secretions
Urine Sediment Image Glossary
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >