- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Future Energy focuses on all the types of energy available to us, taking into account a future involving a reduction in oil and gas production and the rapidly increasing amount of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. It is unique in the genre of books of similar title in that each chapter has been written by a scientist or engineer who is an expert in his or her field.
The book is divided into four sections:
• Traditional Fossil Fuel and Nuclear Energy
• Renewable Energy
• Potentially Important New Types of Energy
• New Aspects to Future Energy Usage
Each chapter highlights the basic theory and implementation, scope, problems and costs associated with a particular type of energy. The traditional fuels are included because they will be with us for decades to come - but, we hope, in a cleaner form. The renewable energy types includes wind power, wave power, tidal energy, two forms of solar energy, bio-mass, hydroelectricity, geothermal and the hydrogen economy. Potentially important new types of energy include: pebble bed nuclear reactors, nuclear fusion, methane hydrates and recent developments in fuel cells and batteries.
- Written by experts in the key future energy disciplines from around the globe
- Details of all possible forms of energy that are and will be available globally in the next two decades
- Puts each type of available energy into perspective with realistic, future options