- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
1. Future Internet Services -- This section contains four chapters which present recent proposals for a new architecture for the Internet, with service delivery in the Future Internet as the key focus.
2. Peer-to-Peer Services -- Using the P2P network overlay as a service platform, five chapters explore the P2P architecture and its use for streaming services, communication services, and service discovery.
3. Virtualization -- Virtualization and its benefits for resource management, supporting hetereogeneity, and isolation are the basis for five chapters which describe virtualization at the endpoint, in the cloud, and in the network.
4. Event-Distribution -- Publish/Subscribe mechanisms are important for applications which require time-sensitive delivery of notifications. The two chapters in this section present recent developments in publish/subscribe load balancing and in sensor networks.
5. VANETs - Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) are a network technology which are designed for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure connectivity for moving vehicles. The four chapters in this section provide an introduction to VANETs, routing, services and system architecture.
Future Internet Services and Service Architectures is complemented by a separate volume, Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures, which covers emerging services and service architectures, IPTV, context awareness, and security.