- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chicago, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Offering a bridge between the esoteric world of theory and the practical world of management, Keith Grint here explores current theories such as Fuzzy Logic, Actor-network Theory, Chaos Theory, and Constructivism, through the discussion of some everyday management issues such as Strategic Decision Making, Appraisals, Negotiation, Leadership, Culture, and Motivation. Crisp and concise, this book is a useful guide to all those concerned with the relationship between management theory and practice.
List of Figures
Introduction: 'So What?'
1. Fuzzy Logic: Managing in an Occluded World
2. Managing Fashions: A Eulogy for Flared Trousers
3. Chaos, Culture, and Evolution: The Configuration of Organization
4. Managing Change through Commitment: Autistic, New Model, or Pandorian Organization?
5. Deep Leadership: In Theory
6. Mismanaging Risk: The Madness of Cows
7. Negotiating: Groundhog Ground Rules