Preston Gralla is the author of more than 40 books that have been translated into 20 languages, including Galaxy S 5 The Missing Manual, Windows 8 Hacks, NOOK HD: The Missing Manual, Galaxy Tab: The Missing Manual, The Big Book of Windows Hacks, How the Internet Works, and How Wireless Works. He is a contributing editor to Computerworld, a blogger for ITWorld, and was a founding editor and then editorial director of PC/Computing, executive editor for CNet/ZDNet, and the founding managing editor of PC Week.He has written about technology for many national newspapers and magazines, including USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Dallas Morning News (for whom he wrote a technology column), PC World, and numerous others. As a widely recognized technology expert, he has made many television and radio appearances, including on the CBS Early Show, MSNBC, ABC World News Now, and National Public Radio. Under his editorship, PC/Computing was a finalist for General Excellence in the National Magazine Awards. He has also won the “Best Feature in a Computing Publication” award from the Computer Press Association.Gralla is also the recipient of a Fiction Fellowship from the Massachusetts Cultural Council. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with his wife (his two children have flown the coop). He welcomes feedback about his books by email at email@example.com.
Galaxy S II: The Missing Manualby Preston Gralla
Unlock the potential of Samsung's Galaxy S II with this jargon-free guide from technology guru Preston Gralla. You’ll quickly learn how to shoot high-res photos and HD video, keep your schedule, stay in touch, and enjoy your favorite media. Every page is packed with illustrations and valuable advice to help you get the most from the smartest phone in town.… See more details below
Unlock the potential of Samsung's Galaxy S II with this jargon-free guide from technology guru Preston Gralla. You’ll quickly learn how to shoot high-res photos and HD video, keep your schedule, stay in touch, and enjoy your favorite media. Every page is packed with illustrations and valuable advice to help you get the most from the smartest phone in town. (Note: This book does not cover the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, and later models.)
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get dialed in. Learn your way around the Galaxy S II’s calling and texting features.
- Go online. Browse the Web, manage email, and download apps with Galaxy S II’s 3G/4G network (or create your own hotspot).
- Master your media. Shoot and share pictures and video, organize and play your music library—and send it wirelessly to your TV or stereo.
- Be entertained now. Start watching movies and TV shows while they’re still loading.
- Explore the world. Get news and weather, find a location, and navigate by GPS.
- Check your schedule. Use the convenient calendar app, and sync it with your Google and Outlook calendars.
Preston Gralla is the author of more than 40 books, including Missing Manuals on Droid X2, Xoom, and Galaxy Tab. He’s the editor of WindowsDevCenter.com and OnDotNet, and a contributing editor to Computerworld.
- O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >