- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As communities face ever-growing gang-related problems, Gangs in America III provides the most up-to-date information on the diverse perspectives and complex issues that arise in our efforts to understand, prevent, and control gang violence and crime.
PART I: THE GANG: CHANGING BOUNDARIES, JOINING, "BANGING," AND GETTING OUT
1. The Changing Boundaries of Youth Gangs - J.C. Howell, et al.
2. Joining the Gang: Gender Differences in Risk Factors for Gang Membership - C. Maxson and M. L. Whitlock
3. Initiation of Drug Use, Drug Sales, and Violent Offending Among a Sample of Gang and Non-Gang Youth - F.A. Esbensen, et al
4. Leaving the Gang - S.H. Decker and J.L. Lauritsen
PART II: THE ARENAS: NEIGHBORHOODS, COMMUNITIES, AND SCHOOLS
5. Neighborhood Dynamics and Gang Behavior - R. J. Bursik, Jr.
6. Introducing Hoover: I'll Ride for You, Gangsta' - S.R. Cureton
7. Gangs and the Informal Economy - J.M. Hagedorn
8. Gangs, Violence, and Safe Schools - K.S. Trump
9. Gangs and Community-Oriented Policing - C.R. Huff and K.H. Shafer
10. Issues in Developing and Maintaining a Regional Gang Incident Tracking System - J.W. Meeker and B.Vila
PART III: THE INCREASING DIVERSITY OF GANGS
11. A Cross-Cultural Framework to Understand Gangs: Multiple Marginality and Los Angeles - J. D. Vigil and S.C. Yun
12. The Girls in the Gang: What We've Learned from Two Decades of Research - J. Miller
13. Doing Field Research on Diverse Gangs: Interpreting Youth Gangs As Social Networks - M.S. Fleisher
14. Chinese Gangs: Familial and Cultural Dynamics - S.X. Zhang
15. Street Gangs: A Cross-National Perspective - M.W. Klein
PART IV: GANG RESEARCH AND PUBLIC POLICY
16. Ganging Up On Gangs: Anti-Loitering and Public Nuisance Laws - G. Geis
17. New Approaches to the Strategic Prevention of Gang and Group-Involved Violence - A.A. Braga, et al.
18. Gangs and Public Policy: Prevention, Intervention, and Suppression - C.R. Huff