Gardening Basics: How To Design, Plant & Maintain Your Gardenby Ken Beckett, Steve Bradley, Noel Kingsbury, Tim Newbury
a magnificent garden, this sumptuous and comprehensive handbook bursts with color, stunning designs, and unexpected treasures. Anyone eager to plant a first garden, revive an ailing one, or start over completely, will find this an absolute must-have. Four top experts, and over 1,200 magnificent, specially-commissioned photos, answer every question a beginner might have.
• Design the Garden: Create and draw a plan; get basic techniques for surfaces, patios, paths, and steps; add ponds and other water features.
• Plants for the Garden: Choose plants; see how to use small trees, shrubs, and climbers; and learn about roses, clematis, perennials; grasses, bulbs, annuals, container plants, and water plants.
• Vegetables, Fruits and Herbs: Manage crops properly, and find out the special details that go into laying out a vegetable garden. Includes everything from beans, cabbage and tomatoes to melons, strawberries, and peaches--plus culinary herbs.
• Care and Maintenance: Find out how to use an array of tools and equipment, and the methods of soil care, feeding and watering, pruning, weed control, and winter care. Helpful "Calendars of Work" make remembering which tasks to do when even easier! If you have a garden or think you might want one, this is an essential a tool as soil or plants. A Main Selection of BOMC's Country Book Club. 276 pages (all in color), 8 5/8 x 11 3/8.
- Sterling Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.97(w) x 11.74(h) x 1.06(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews