- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
In introducing GOB material, this text uses an integrated approach in which related general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry topics are presented in adjacent chapters. This approach helps students see the strong connections that exist between these three branches of chemistry, and allows instructors to discuss these, interrelationships while the material is still fresh in students' minds. This integration involves the following sets of chapters:
* Chapter 3 (Compounds) and Chapter 4 (An Introduction to Organic Compounds). An introduction to bonding and compounds is followed by a look at the members of a few key organic families.
* Chapters 3, 4 and 6.(Reactions).. A study of inorganic.and organic compounds is followed (after a look at gases, liquids, and solids in Chapter 5) by an introduction to their reactions.
* Chapter 7 (Solutions) and Chapter 8 (Lipids and Membranes) A discussion.of solubility is followed by a look at the importance of solubility in biochemistry. Some reactions from Chapter 6 are reintroduced.
* Chapter 9.(Acids and Bases) and Chapter 10 (Carboxylic Acids, Phenols and Amines) Principles of acid/base Chemistry from an inorganic perspective are followed by a chapter on the organic and biochemical aspects of this topic.
* Chapter 11 (Alcohols, A1dehydes and Ketones) and Chapter 12 (Carbohydrates). An introduction to the chemistry of alcohols, aldehydes and ketones is followed by a presentation of related biochemical applications.
Chapter One. Science ad Measurements.
Chapter Two. Atoms and Elements.
Chapter Three. Compounds
Chapter Four. An Introduction to Organic Compounds
Chapter Five. Reactions
Chapter Six. Gases, Solutions, Colloids, and Suspensions.
Chapter Seven. Acids, Bases, and Equilibrium.
Chapter Eight. Carboxylic Acids, Phenols, and Amines.
Chapter Nine. Alcohols, Ethers, Aldehydes, and Ketones.
Chapter Ten. Carbohydrates.
Chapter Eleven. Lipids and Membranes.
Chapter Twelve. Peptides, Proteins, and Enzymes.
Chapter Thirteen. Nucleic Acids.
Chapter Fourteen. Metabolism.