Genetic Manipulation of Receptor Expression and Function / Edition 1by Domenico Accili
Pub. Date: 04/28/2000
Our ability to manipulate the genome of living organisms for the elucidation of gene function in vivo has improved dramatically over the last decade. Genetic Manipulation of Receptor Expression and Function provides a comprehensive review of the principles and applications for genetic manipulation of receptor expression and function. By providing the/b>/i>
Our ability to manipulate the genome of living organisms for the elucidation of gene function in vivo has improved dramatically over the last decade. Genetic Manipulation of Receptor Expression and Function provides a comprehensive review of the principles and applications for genetic manipulation of receptor expression and function. By providing the necessary conceptual framework of transgenic and knockout technologies, Genetic Manipulation of Receptor Expression and Function offers a concise and easily accessible analysis for researchers. The material reviews the numerous advances in the field of transgenic technology allowing researchers to alter expression and function in the mouse genome.
This volume also:
- Provides a roadmap to transgenic and knockout methodology
- Includes a detailed explanation of the differences between embryonic stem cells and fertilized zygotes
- Clarifies the use of a DNA construct to make a transgenic mouse and a targeting vector for a knockout
- Reviews the considerable progress in receptor research
- Covers rapidly changing aspects in transgenic mouse technology (such as the generation of transgenic mice using large DNA fragments, the role of modifier genes, the importance of behavioral testing in analyzing disease phenotypes, and the growing role of antisense techniques in studies of gene function)
Receptor biochemists, neuroscientists, molecular biologists, cell biologists, and molecular geneticists will find Genetic Manipulation of Receptor Expression and Function a useful guide.
Table of Contents
Transgenic Rescue of Mutant Phenotypes Using Large DNA Fragments (S. Camper & T. Saunders).
Behavioral Characterization of Transgenic and Knockout Mice (J. Crawley).
Genetic Analysis of Receptor Phenotypes (S. Bultman, et al.).
Immortalization of Cell Lines from Transgenic and Knockout Mice by Viral Transformation (J. Chou).
The VP16-Dependent Binary System for Inducible Gene Expression in Transgenic Mice (C. Kappen).
Gene-Targeting Strategies in the Analysis of Alcohol and Anesthetic Mechanisms (G. Homanics).
In Vivo Functions of the c-Met Gene: (HGF/SF Receptor) (S. Giordano & P. Comoglio).
Tissue-Specific Knockouts of Insulin Receptor Tyrosine Kinase (R. Kulkarni, et al.).
Targeted Dominant Negative Mutations (W. LaRochelle, et al.).
Toxin-Mediated Targeted Cell Ablation In Vivo (J. Drago & J. Wong).
Antisense RNA-Mediated Inhibition of Gene Expression (H. Wang, et al.).
Delivery of Antisense Oligonucleotides to the Brain to Analyze Receptor Function (S. Kaur & I. Creese).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >