"The text, which has a very clear structure and layout, is well written and has excellent illustrations throughout...a timely contribution to the literature and should be essential reading for all those with an interest in the science and practice of river management and river restoration." Progress in Physical Geography
Geomorphology and River Management: Applications of the River Styles Frameworkby Gary J. Brierley, Kirstie A. Fryirs
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This book outlines a generic set of procedures, termed the River Styles Framework, which provides a set of tools for interpreting river character, behavior, condition, and recovery potential. Applications of the framework generate a coherent package of geomorphic information, providing a physical template for river rehabilitation activities.
- management and restoration of rivers is a rapidly growing topic for environmental scientists, geologists and ecologists - this book provides a learning tool with which to approach geomorphic applications to river management
- describes the essential geomorphological principles underlying river behaviour and evolution
- demonstrates how the River Styles Framework can turn geomorphic theory into practice, to develop workable strategies for restoration and management
- based on real case studies and authors extensive experience
- applicable to river systems worldwide
- synthesises fluvial geomorphology, ecology and management
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 21 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Gary Brierley has worked on river systems in various parts of Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Japan, North America, and Australasia. He completed undergraduate work in the UK, postgraduate work in Canada, and postdoctoral work in Australia.
Kirstie Fryirs has worked on various river systems in Australia. Her PhD developed a framework for assessing geomorphic river condition and recovery potential.
Gary and Kirstie are codevelopers of the River Styles framework and the River Styles short course.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews