Georgis' Parasitology for Veterinariansby Dwight D. Bowman
Now in full color, this comprehensive reference provides current information on all parasites commonly encountered in veterinary medicine. Its primary focus is on parasites that infect major domestic species, such as dogs, cats, horses. pigs, and ruminants. This edition also covers organisms that infect poultry, laboratory animals, and exotic species. And with this book’s coverage of minor and rare parasites, you’ll be able to diagnose more difficult cases. No other book in this market is so respected and so complete. It’s the only parasitology reference that provides everything you’ll need!
- Thorough coverage describes parasites that infect most major domestic species, and also includes organisms that infect poultry, lab animals and exotic species.
- A convenient appendix includes six drug tables listing parasiticides by species and a table of commercial antiparasitic vaccines, for easy access to the most up-to-date drug information.
- Greek and Latin roots of terms are arranged alphabetically on the inside front and back covers, providing a quick reference when you’re in a hurry.
- Over 800 full-color photos and line drawings help you identify parasites accurately.
- A new introductory chapter provides an overview of parsitology.
- A new Vector-borne Diseases chapter restates viruses, rickettsiae and other bacteria, protozoa, and helminths in terms of vectors.
Description: This is an update of a 2009 edition of a book on veterinary parasitology.
Purpose: The objective is to provide updated information including new images, tables, etc., so that the book will continue to serve veterinarians and students of veterinary parasitology well.
Audience: Veterinary practitioners and students are the intended audience.
Features: The book covers many aspects of veterinary parasites, including their biology, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control. The new images, information, and chapters are fantastic. This edition is very user friendly.
Assessment: This is an outstanding book on veterinary parasitology for both practitioners and students. This updated edition provides much new and useful information. A must buy!
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 56 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I'm in vet school and this book is not nearly as detailed as I would like. I don't really like the way it is written either, the author tries to be funny and add humor, which is ok but sometimes just plain annoying. Ehhhh... I would pick a better book for parasitology....