Geosystems: An Introduction to Physical Geography / Edition 8by Robert W. Christopherson
Pub. Date: 01/12/2011
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Geosystems is written, organized, and illustrated to give new learners an accessible, systematic, and visually appealing start in physical geography. The book is supported by a superior cartographic, illustration, and a digital media program. With an integrated, easy to understand, easy to use technology program, this book excels in motivating exploration and enhancing presentation. A four-part organization of chapter covers the energy-atmosphere system; the water, weather, and climate systems; the earth-atmosphere interface; and soils, ecosystems, and biomes. For individuals with an interest in physical geography.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents1. Essentials of Geography.
ITHE ENERGY-ATMOSPHERE SYSTEM.2. Solar Energy to Earth and the Seasons.
3. Earth's Modern Atmosphere.
4. Atmosphere and Surface Energy Balances.
5. Global Temperatures.
6. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations.
II. THE WATER, WEATHER, AND CLIMATE SYSTEMS.7. Water and Atmospheric Moisture.
9. Water Resources.
10. Global Climate Systems.
III. THE EARTH-ATMOSPHERIC INTERFACE.11. The Dynamic Planet.
12. Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanism.
13. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement.
14. River Systems and Landforms.
15. Eolian Processes and Arid Landscapes.
16. The Oceans, Coastal Processes, and Landforms.
17. Glacial and Periglacial Processes and Landforms.
IV. SOILS, ECOSYSTEMS, AND BIOMES.18. The Geography of Soils.
19. Ecosystem Essentials.
20. Terrestrial Biomes.
21. Earth and the Human Denominator.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
IF THERE IS ANYWAY YOU CAN AT ALL AVOID USING THIS APPLICATION, DO!!!! The application frequently crashes or doesn't load and while this app was meant to imitate the true study/note taking experience, it is limited. The savings in ordering an eBook was NOT worth it. I highly recommend using Amazon or other next time.