Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Indiana University School of Medicine
Geriatricsby Patrick M. Kortebein, Kevin W. Means
Designed for the busy practitioner, Geriatrics presents 97 alphabetically arranged topics covering all major concerns in geriatric rehabilitation ranging from age-related changes to end-of-life care. The first section reviews topics related to normal aging and assessment methods to measure systemic changes. The second section addresses common aging-associated/i>… See more details below
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Designed for the busy practitioner, Geriatrics presents 97 alphabetically arranged topics covering all major concerns in geriatric rehabilitation ranging from age-related changes to end-of-life care. The first section reviews topics related to normal aging and assessment methods to measure systemic changes. The second section addresses common aging-associated diseases and disorders affecting relevant organ systems, including neurologic, musculoskeletal, rheumatologic, and cardiovascular problems and other key concerns such as functional decline, incontinence, and visual impairments. The last section highlights special considerations such as aging with a developmental disability, exercise, pain management, polypharmacy, and rehabilitation in various healthcare settings. Taken together, the book catalogs the broad range of functional issues endemic in the elderly population and offers a quick reference guide for rehabilitation professionals providing high-quality clinical care to older patients.
Every entry is standardized for quick look-up in the office or clinic, and features description, etiology, risk factors, clinical features, natural history, diagnosis, red flags, treatment, prognosis, helpful hints, and suggested readings.
All Rehabilitation Medicine Quick ReferenceTitles Offer:
- Consistent Approach and Organization: at-a-glance outline format allows readers to find the facts quickly
- Concise Coverage: of must-know information broken down into easy-to-locate topics
- Fast Answers to Clinical Questions: diagnostic and management criteria for problems commonly encountered in daily practice
- Hands-on Practical Guidance: for all types of interventions and therapies
- Multi-Specialty Perspective: ensures that issues of relevance to all rehabilitation team members are addressed
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >