Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Certification Reviewby Meredith Kazer, Sheila C. Grossman
Pub. Date: 01/19/2011
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
"[This book] is an important reference for nurses seeking to take the certification exam to validate their own practice. The practice of nursing over the next decades will demand age-specific knowledge for people across the life span. Nurses need to develop expertise in the area of geriatrics and have that expertise validated through… See more details below
"[This book] is an important reference for nurses seeking to take the certification exam to validate their own practice. The practice of nursing over the next decades will demand age-specific knowledge for people across the life span. Nurses need to develop expertise in the area of geriatrics and have that expertise validated through certification."
Tara A. Cortes, PhD, RN, FAAN
The Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing
(From the Foreword)
Nurse practitioners have long required a comprehensive certification review book for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Gerontological Nurse Practitioner (GNP) certification examinations.
Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Certification Review is the first book to provide a thorough review of test content to effectively prepare nurses to successfully pass the GNP certification exam. With over 200 practice questions culled from the real ANCC test outline, this is the only book nurse practitioners need to pass the ANCC exam.
Challenging and reflective questions and answers are provided at the end of each chapter for topic review, with a final test offered at the end of the book. By providing students the ability to take the "mock test," this book instills confidence, preparing students for the actual certification exam.
Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Certification Review contains:
- Guidelines on question dissection and analysis, as well as over 200 questions culled from the real ANCC test outline
- A comprehensive review of health promotion and disease prevention, assessment of acute and chronic illness, clinical management and pharmacological/nonpharmacological interventions, professional role and policy issues, and more
- An examination of the nurse practitioner and patient relationship
Additionally, this book helps students in gerontological nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner, and adult nurse practitioner programs with course program examinations that refer to older adults.
- Springer Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Information for Taking the Certification Exam
2. Question Analysis
3. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
4. Assessment of Acute and Chronic Illness
5. Clinical Management of Older Adults
6. Nurse Practitioner Role and Nurse–Patient Relationship
7. Health Care Systems and Policy
8. Research Utilization
Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Comprehensive Test
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >