GFI Network Security and PCI Compliance Power Toolsby Brien Posey
Pub. Date: 09/22/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Today all companies, U.S. federal agencies, and non-profit organizations have valuable data on their servers that needs to be secured. One of the challenges for IT experts is learning how to use new products in a time-efficient manner, so that new implementations can go quickly and smoothly. Learning how to set up sophisticated products is time-consuming, and can
Today all companies, U.S. federal agencies, and non-profit organizations have valuable data on their servers that needs to be secured. One of the challenges for IT experts is learning how to use new products in a time-efficient manner, so that new implementations can go quickly and smoothly. Learning how to set up sophisticated products is time-consuming, and can be confusing. GFI's LANguard Network Security Scanner reports vulnerabilities so that they can be mitigated before unauthorized intruders can wreck havoc on your network. To take advantage of the best things that GFI's LANguard Network Security Scanner has to offer, you'll want to configure it on your network so that it captures key events and alerts you to potential vulnerabilities before they are exploited.
In this book Brien Posey has pinpointed the most important concepts with examples and screenshots so that systems administrators and security engineers can understand how to get the GFI security tools working quickly and effectively. His straightforward, no nonsense writing style is devoid of difficult to understand technical jargon. His descriptive examples explain how GFI's security tools enhance the security controls that are already built into your server's operating system.
* Secure Your Network Master the various components that make up the management console and prepare to use it for most tasks.
* Analyze Scan Results View detected vulnerabilities, save and print results, query open ports, and filter your results.
* Install and Use the ReportPack Learn how to build custom reports and schedule reports. See how filters allow you to control the information that is processed when a reports is run.
* Perform a Hardware Inventory and Compile a Software Inventory Use GFI to do your inventories and perform audits. See how to blacklist and whitelist applications to make your reports more meaningful.
* Manage Patches Effectively See how to deploy a specific patch, perform a scan comparison, uninstall a patch, and deploy custom software.
* Use GFI EndPointSecurity to Lock Down Hardware Be prepared for users trying to install unauthorized software, copy sensitive data onto removable media, or perform other actions to try and circumvent your network's security.
* Create Protection Policies Control the level of device access allowed on a system and create separate protection policies; one for servers, one for workstations, and one for laptops. Learn how to deploy agents.
* Regulate Specific Devices Master some of the advanced features of GFI: locking device categories, blacklisting and whitelisting devices, and using file type restrictions.
* Monitor Device Usage Keep tabs on your network by setting logging options, setting alerting options, and generating end point security reports.
• Use GFI EndPointSecurity to Lock Down Hardware
• Create Protection Policies to Control the Level of Device Access
• Master Advanced Features of GFI: Locking Device Categories, Blacklisting and Whitelisting Devices, Using File Type Restrictions and More
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Installing GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner
Chapter 2: An Introduction to the GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner Management Console
Chapter 3: Performing a Security Scan
Chapter 4: Analyzing the Scan Results
Chapter 5: Using the ReportPack
Chapter 6: Inventories and Auditing
Chapter 7: Patch Management
Chapter 8: Installing GFI EndPoint Security
Chapter 9: Defining Protection Policies
Chapter 10: Advanced Security Configurations
Chapter 11: End Point Management
Chapter 12: Monitoring Device Usage
Chapter 13: Installing GFI EventsManager
Chapter 14: Browsing the Event Logs
Chapter 15: Event Processing Rules
Chapter 16: Getting the Big Picture
Chapter 17: Installing and Configuring GFI Network Server Monitor
Chapter 18: Working With GFI Network Server Monitor’s Configuration Console
Chapter 19: GFI Network Monitor’s Additional Components
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Like the first page had no hook and i am not reading anything else you write ever
If your reading this its time to move again. By the way im Bella. This is Rose and Celia. I start walking my purple and gold cloak brushing the ground stirring up the grass. Rose brushed her silver coat back and her lapis lazuli dress showed for a minute. She walked towards a roman villa and went inside the copper door and two lanterns that hung by the door. Celia followed as her lapis lazulia cloak blew back showing a gold dress with blue and purple. She walked towards the outer edge of the 5 house circle and walked towards a greek style home. The golden pavolin glowed in the sunset as the torces and lanterns sputered to life. I walked towards a silver house with a gold roof. In side a fireplace had gone out. I tossed a torch at it and it blazed up. I went a grabbed a spitle cooker and a pot. "Sit down at the table and ill bring you dinner and tell the story of how we got here and why we cant leave ever until the curse is broken on us." I slip three chickens on the spitlle and water in the pot. I then set the table and poured fizzfroot in the cups. Eat dinner and listen closely........"