The Gift of Yogaby Gena Kenny
With step-by-step instructions covering the major components of
The ancient yogis started practicing yoga more than two thousand years ago. Benefit from centuries of wisdom in the comfort of your own home and join presenter and author Gena Kenny as she introduces you to the postures, breathing techniques, relaxation and meditation that makes up Hatha-style yoga.
With step-by-step instructions covering the major components of yoga, including postures, breath, and relaxation, The Gift of Yoga:
- uses photographs and instructions to demonstrate the postures,
- teaches practical relaxation and meditiation techiques,
- offers simple and easy ways to implement yoga into your busy day.
The box set includes:
- The Gift of Yoga book: This 80 page full-color yoga book takes you through a full Hatha-style yoga program, explaining in detail the postures, breathing, relaxation and meditation techniques, accompanied by color photographs that demonstrate each step.
- The Gift of Yoga DVD: Follow Gena Kenny through this gentle, yet challenging, Hatha-style yoga workout, as she demonstrates and explains each posture and its benefits.
- Hinkler Books Pty Ltd
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book and DVD
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.10(h) x 1.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
The DVD layout is very organized and easy to follow. The book is informational and great for beginners.
The cd is great to follow along to, makes you sweat and flexible and not to fast, there are different levels and very relaxing.
I have lower back issues (tear between L4 and L5). This DVD has been a god send. Everytime I complete the program I feel great. LOVE IT! Highly recommend. Awesome stretching. Nothing too complicated. Sense of total relaxation whenever Im done.
This is a great DVD for beginner yoga practitioners and seasoned yogis. Gena Kelly really knows how to teach and guide someone through the basic yoga moves and she gives you tips to make it easier or harder. I use the relaxation segment all the time to help me fall asleep. However, the packaging claims that there is a bonus MP4 program for the iPod but I cannot find it anywhere on the DVD when I play it on my computer. If anyone has tips on how to get the MP4 to work, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sometimes a video is worth 1,000 words.
I find the dvd 'gift of yoga' inspiring, easy to follow and well instructed. I love the setting over the ocean, I feel fantastic after completing the program.. I have taken the relaxation section and placed it on my ipod and it helped me to relax when I was flying on the plane. well done! would love to see a sequal.