- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The ideas in this volume range from wrapping CDs to books, a box of chocolates to a bottle of wine, a poster to a soccer ball. Square, oblong, oval, spherical, and tubular-almost any shape can be decorated in a unique fashion. And...
The ideas in this volume range from wrapping CDs to books, a box of chocolates to a bottle of wine, a poster to a soccer ball. Square, oblong, oval, spherical, and tubular-almost any shape can be decorated in a unique fashion. And since the wraps rely on only three knots, they are nearly foolproof. So much grace achieved with so little effort!
Ms. Morita's ideas have their roots in the Japanese furoshiki, an elegant cloth traditionally used for wrapping and carrying bundles. Wishing to adapt the centuries-old practices to today's lifestyle, she devised a number of ingenious wrapping ideas, each illustrated with step-by-step photographs-and each simple, fascinating, and fun!
* Stunningly original wrapping ideas
* Gift-wraps for wine, books, CDs, pictures, posters, balls, and boxed items of all sizes
* Based on techniques that have their roots in centuries-old Japanese traditions of wrapping for gift-giving
* Additional ideas to freshen up everyday items such as pillows, baskets, and more
* New thoughts for decorating the breakfast and dinner table
* Add an elegant touch to flowerpots, planters, or a bouquet of flowers
* Make an instant magazine "rack" or knapsack
Posted December 24, 2013
I just love this book. The fabric used for giftwrapping is absolutely of gorgeous material. The gifts look very elegant, they adorn the gift and the spot you place them in. They look soft and pretty, but know that they are stronger than paper, because paper rips, fabric doesn't. You can use them again and again. You can make bags out of them to carry things, like groceries, gifts, etc. When you give gifts to family members the wraps keep coming back to you, again and again. Just iron them and you're ready to giftwrap another present. I love this book, it is one of my favorite books.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.