A compact, up-to-date guide to the history and construction of Verdi's last - and possibly greatest - opera.
- Cambridge University Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
Table of Contents
2. The forging of the libretto;
3. The composition of the opera;
4. Milan, Rome and Paris: three versions of Falstaff;
5. Musical technique and structure;
6. The interpretation of Falstaff: Verdi's guidelines;
7. A brief stage history;
8. A guide to critical assessments and interpretations; Epilogue Graham Bradshaw; Bibliography; Discography Malcolm Walker; Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >