- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law: Learning Criminal Law Through Multiple-Choice Questions and Analysis gives students an effective tool for exam preparation that instructors can recommend with confidence. Now it’s the best of both worlds – a print copy of the Glannon Guide for your desk reference and an eBook version on your laptop to take with you wherever you go. This special Bonus Pack includes download access to the one-of-a-kind AspenLaw Studydesk software AND this book in...
The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law: Learning Criminal Law Through Multiple-Choice Questions and Analysis gives students an effective tool for exam preparation that instructors can recommend with confidence. Now it’s the best of both worlds – a print copy of the Glannon Guide for your desk reference and an eBook version on your laptop to take with you wherever you go. This special Bonus Pack includes download access to the one-of-a-kind AspenLaw Studydesk software AND this book in digital eBook format.
Using the successful structure established by Joseph Glannon’s The Glannon Guide to Civil Procedure, this comprehensive review book emphasizes learning legal concepts, rather than mastering testing techniques. For each topic, the author provides:
• a brief, clearly-written summary
• one or two multiple-choice questions to test understanding
• a concise explanation of how to choose the correct answer that also serves as a review of course content
• practical tips on analyzing exam questions
Every aspect of The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law encourages comprehension:
• the multiple-choice questions are part of a complete review of Criminal Law, including common law and the Model Penal Code
• introductory discussions of law in the text prepare students to learn effectively from subsequent questions
• succinct explanations of both correct and incorrect answers help to clarify nuances in the law
• multiple-choice questions are sophisticated but fair, neither too difficult nor unrealistically straightforward
• the text is equally useful to all students, regardless of whether they will be tested by multiple-choice questions on their exams
• user-friendly interactive approach is much more engaging than other exam preparation aids
• in each chapter, a more sophisticated final question called the “Closer” illustrates a more complicated problem in the area
• the final chapter contains 15 “Closing Closer” questions to provide more practice and a helpful review of concepts in earlier chapters
• valuable exam-taking pointers within the substantive text show students what to expect at exam time and help them get ready
BONUS PACK INCLUDES:
The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law paperback
The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law eBook download (NOTE: The AspenLaw Studydesk application must be installed on your computer to read the eBook.)
AspenLaw Studydesk productivity software (NOTE: a promotion code ships with this Bonus Pack, which allows you to download The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law eBook and AspenLaw Studydesk productivity software at www.AspenLaw.com).
• A Very Short Introduction
• Nature of Criminal Law
• Elements of a Crime
• Strict Liability Crimes
• Mistake of Fact
• Mistake of Law
• Homicide — An Overview
• Homicide — Murder
• Felony Murder and Misdemeanor Manslaughter (Unlawful Law Doctrine)
• Solicitation and Other Inchoate Offenses
• Accomplice Liability
• Introduction to Defenses, Self-Defense, and Defense of Another
• Defense of Property, Law Enforcement Defenses, and Necessity
• Intoxication, Infancy, and Entrapment
• Theft Crimes
• Other Crimes Against Person and Property
• Sentencing and Death Penalty
• Closing Closers
ASPENLAW STUDYDESK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Memory: Minimum 512 megabytes (Mb), Recommended 1 gigabyte (Gb) or more.
Disk Space: Minimum 280 megabytes (Mb), Recommended 1 gigabyte (Gb).
Display: Minimum 800 x 600, 256 colors, Recommended 1024 x 768 high color (32-bit).
Operating System (32-bit): Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Home Basic, Premium, or Ultimate.
VISTA Users: Once your AspenLaw Studydesk software is downloaded and installed, please ensure the application’s privilege level is set to "Run this program as an Administrator." Refer to these step-by-step compatibility instructions for more information.
MACINTOSH Users: AspenLaw Studydesk is not currently available for the Macintosh Operating System.
Applications: Latest version of Adobe Reader for viewing PDF files. Latest version of Adobe Flash.