Global Health and Global Aging / Edition 1by Mary Robinson
Pub. Date: 11/02/2007
The book covers the fundamentals of global aging and health and provides real-world models from countries and regions that offer the best practices in current approaches. Global Health and Global Aging presents information about leadership and governance challenges as well as insights about aging in different cultures and countries in all regions of the/i>… See more details below
The book covers the fundamentals of global aging and health and provides real-world models from countries and regions that offer the best practices in current approaches. Global Health and Global Aging presents information about leadership and governance challenges as well as insights about aging in different cultures and countries in all regions of the world.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.22(w) x 9.39(h) x 1.16(d)
Table of Contents
About the AARP Foundation.
Foreword by Robert N. Butler.
Preface by Mary Robinson.
Part One: The World and Its Aging Population.
1. World Policies on Aging and the United Nations by Alexandre Siderenko.
2. Population Aging: A Global Overview by Mary Beth Weinberger.
3. The World Health Organization and Global Aging by Alex Kalache.
4. Leadership and Governance Challenges for Global Health and Aging by Derek Yach.
5. Perception of Aging in Different Cultures by Frank Eyetsemitan.
Part Two: Countries with High Rates of Longevity.
6. Australia: Aging in Australia: The Australian Government’s Agenda on Population Aging by Santo Santoro.
7. Denmark: Healthy Aging in Denmark by Bjarne Hastrup.
8. France: Challenges of Longevity: The International Longevity Centre-France Perspective by Françoise Forette and Marie-Anne Brieu.
9. Finland: Healthy Aging in Finland by Pekka Puska.
10. Germany: Healthy Aging in Germany by Ulla Schmidt.
11. Germany: Healthy Aging from 70 to 100+ in Germany: Lessons from the Berlin Aging Study by Jacqui Smith and Paul Baltes.
12. Japan: Challenges of Productive Aging in Japan by Shigeo Morioka.
13. Netherlands: Healthy Aging in the Netherlands by C.I.J.M. Ross-van Dorp.
14. Spain: Aging in Spain: Working Toward Creating New Rights in the Welfare State by José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
15. Sweden: Health and Aging in Sweden by Barbro Westerholm.
16. United Kingdom: United Kingdom by Sally Greengross
17. United States: Healthy Aging in the United States by Jeanette Takamura.
Part Three: Countries Facing Rapid Population Aging in the Next 20–30 Years.
18. Africa: Health and Aging in Africa by Nana Apt.
19. China: Aging of Populations: Is China’s Pattern Unique? by Lincoln Chen and Lingling Zhang.
20. India: Health and Aging in India By Sharad D. Gokhale.
21. Eastern Mediterranean: Eastern Mediterrean Region: Rapid Aging Population in 20–30 Years by Mohamed H. El-Banouby.
22. Russia: Health and Aging in Russia Vladimir Kh. Khavinson and Olga N. Mikhailova.
23. Latin America and the Caribbean: Health and Aging in Latin America and the Caribbean by Enrique Vega García.
Part Four: Leaders in Research and Innovative Programs.
24. The Biology of Aging: Current Research and Expected Future Gains by George Martin and Joshua Lederberg.
25. Exceptional Longevity by Thomas Perls and Dellara Terry.
26. Cities, Sociodiversity, and Strategy by Jaime Lerner.
27. Creating a Healthy Environment for Aging Populations by Gloria Gutman.
28. How Government, Business, and Social Sector Partnerships Can Finance Programs for the Aging by A. James Forbes, Jr.
29. Policies and Practices Affecting Health and Longevity of People with Disabilities: Lessons from the United Kingdom by Hector Medora and Angela Hassiotis.
30. Keeping People Active: Continuing Education Programs That Work by Julia Preece and Brian Findsen.
31. Longevity’s Impact on Retirement Security by C. Robert Henrikson.
32. Improving Health Care in America: Lessons Learned from the Global Village by William Novelli.
Part Five: Epilogue: The Road Ahead.
33. Epilogue: The Road Ahead by Erik Olsen
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >