Global Health Leadership and Management / Edition 1by William H. Foege
Written by an international panel of distinguished global healthexperts, this book distills valuable lessons from a wide variety ofsuccessful health programs that have been implemented around theworld. Global Health Leadership and Management givespractical suggestions for enhancing and developing the essentialskills of leadership, management, communication,/i>… See more details below
Written by an international panel of distinguished global healthexperts, this book distills valuable lessons from a wide variety ofsuccessful health programs that have been implemented around theworld. Global Health Leadership and Management givespractical suggestions for enhancing and developing the essentialskills of leadership, management, communication, and projectplanning for health care leaders. The book will assist healthleaders to work well within their communities and effectively plan,direct, implement, and evaluate effective programs andactivities. Global Health Leadership and Managementoutlines and describes such core competencies as
- Identifying challenges and developing and managing policy
- Developing strategies, pathways, and solutions
- Creating networks and partnerships and planning for change
- Learning from experience to build a generation of leaders
- Leading and managing teams by recognizing and celebratingsuccess
Table of Contents
About the Global Health Council.
Foreword (David Rockefeller).
Preface (William H. Foege).
Part One: Identifying Challenges and Developing and ManagingPolicy.
1. First Annual Gates Award for Global Health (Melinda FrenchGates).
2. A New Role for Corporate America: Partners in Global Healthand Development (Raymond V. Gilmartin).
3. From Challenges to Policy (Lee Jong-wook).
4. Managing Health, Health Care, and Aging (William D.Novelli).
Part Two: Developing Strategies, New Pathways, andSolutions.
5. Leadership, Equity, and Global Health (Harlan Cleveland).
6. HIV/AIDS: Lessons from Brazil (Susan Dentzer).
7. Corruption and Health Care: Need for New Solutions (PeterEigen).
8. Business Approach to HIV/AIDS Crisis in Africa (Spencer T.King).
9. Health in the Developing World: Achieving the MillenniumDevelopment Goals (Jeffrey D. Sachs).
Part Three: Creating Networks and Partnerships and PlanningChange from Within.
10. Leadership and Management for Improving Global Health(Frances Hesselbein).
11. Creating Public Health Alliances: The American CancerSociety Experience (John R. Seffrin).
Part Four: Learning from Experience and Building a Generationof Leaders.
12. Leadership Development for Global Health (Jo IveyBoufford).
13. Challenges to Health in Eastern Europe and the Former SovietUnion: A Decade of Experience (Martin McKee).
14. Building the Next Generation of Leaders (Joy Phumaphi).
15. Creating Public Health Leaders: Public Health LeadershipInstitutes (William L. Roper and Janet Porter).
Part Five: Leading and Managing Teams While Recognizing andCelebrating Success.
16. Leading for Success (Nils Daulaire).
17. Epilogue: The Road Ahead (Kofi A. Annan).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >