- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Written by two highly experienced authors, this new text provides a concise, global approach to logistics and supply chain management. Featuring both a practical element, enabling the reader to ‘do’ logistics (select carriers, identify routes, structure warehouses, etc.) and a strategic element (understand the role of logistics and supply chain management in the wider business context), the book also uses a good range of international case material to illustrate key concepts and extend learning.
About the Authors.
About the Contributors.
PART ONE: LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN CONTEXT.
2. Globalisation and International Trade.
3. Supply Chain Strategies.
Part One: Case Studies.
Dell: High Velocity, Focused Supply Chain Management.
The Medical Devices Company.
PART TWO: LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS.
4. Logistics Service Providers.
5. Procurement and Outsourcing.
6. Inventory Management.
7. Warehousing and Materials Management.
8. Transport in Supply Chains.
9. Information Flows and Technology.
10. Logistics and Financial Management.
11. Measuring and Managing Logistics Performance.
Part Two: Case Studies.
Gate Gourmet: Success Means Getting to the Plane on Time.
Managing Supply Chain Information at HBOS .
Supplier Evaluation at EADS.
PART THREE: SUPPLY CHAIN DESIGNS.
12. Supply Chain Vulnerability, Risk, Robustness and Resilience.
13. Integration and Collaboration.
14. Sustainable Logistics and Supply Chain Systems.
15. New Supply Chain Designs.
Part Three: Case Studies.
Humanitarian Aid Supply Chains.
Good Distribution Practice and Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management.
Dubai Logistics City: A Quantum Leap in Logistics.
Morning365: An Online Bookstore’s Strategy to Grow in the Constantly Changing Market.
SCM: The Past is Prologue.