- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Globalization and Sport is a unique collection which places sport at the heart of debates on global processes.
1. Sport and Globalization: Transnational Dimensions: Richard Giulianotti and Roland Robertson.
2. Not Playing Around: Global Capitalism, Modern Sport and Consumer Culture: Barry Smart.
3. The Grobal in the Sporting Glocal: David L. Andrews and George Ritzer.
4. Steps to an Ecology of Transnational Sports: Thomas Hylland Eriksen.
5. Recovering the Social: Globalization, Football and Transnationalism: Richard Giulianotti and Roland Robertson.
6. Is Baseball a Global Sport? America’s ‘National Pastime’ as Global Field and International Sport: William W. Kelly.
7. More Than a Game: Globalization and the Post-Westernization of World Cricket: Chris Rumford.
8. Imagined Communities in the Global Game: Soccer and the Development of Dutch National Identity: Frank J. Lechner.
9. The Global Footballer and the Local War-Zone: George Weah and Transnational Networks in Liberia, West Africa: Gary Armstrong