This important new text offers a timely account of globalization, modernity and social change, drawing on a wealth of geographically diverse examples.
Table of Contents
Society in Transition: Everyday Life in a World of Change
• The City: Juxtaposing Global Variety and Difference
• Transformations Towards Open Society: New Political and Cultural Geographies
• The Workplace in Transition: Labour, Time and Space
• Consumption: Money and Identity in a Postmodern World?
• Politics Beyond the State: New Individualities and Solidarities
• Nature and Environment: Life in Risk Society
• Modernity and Social Change: Reconstructing the Social
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >