Gourmet Soup Bookby Carole Clements, Carol Hill, David Sherwin
Soup is the perfect multi-purpose food. You can dress it up or down, eat it for comfort and nourishment or to excite the palate. The most versatile dish in our diet, it is welcome in all seasons, popular with all generations. It is great for single people, who can make a big pot and sip it all through the week, and it is suitable for feeding a crowd, as it can easily be stretched. Soup can give new life to leftovers, which provide a convenient springboard to soupmaking.
Gourmet Soups celebrates soup's versatility and takes traditional soupmaking one step further with over 80 original recipes. Covering hot, cold, game, seafood, fruit, and clear soups, plus special sections on garnishes and stock, this delightful book has everything for the soup connoisseur. But you don't need to be a master chef to get cooking: easy-to-follow instructions help the beginner to prepare elegant soups, and the vast range of recipes is sure to inspire the experienced cook.
Among the delicious soups are:
- Cheese and Celery Bisque--a smooth and light start to any meal
- Provencal Vegetable Soup--a riot of wholesome vegetables prepared in the traditions of the French countryside
- Codoban Gazpacho--a cooling Andalucian soup for a sweltering summer's day
- Tortilla Soup--an unusual and spicy Mexican recipe
- Lemon Egg Drop Soup--a simple but flavorful soup in the Greek style
In addition, Gourmet Soups includes tips on how to adapt recipes, turn starter soups into main meals, and suggests attractive garnishes and appetizing accompaniments.
- Book Sales, Inc.
- Publication date:
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >