Government by the People-Web Interactive Edition / Edition 1by James MacGregor Burns, David B. Magleby, Thomas E. Cronin, Jack Peltason
Students using this text require a special access code to enter the website. A card containing this access code should be packaged with this book. If it is not packaged with this text, log onto www.prenhall.com/burnsweb to purchase an access code on line.See more details below
Students using this text require a special access code to enter the website. A card containing this access code should be packaged with this book. If it is not packaged with this text, log onto www.prenhall.com/burnsweb to purchase an access code on line.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.01(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.35(d)
Table of Contents
Note: The Basic Version consists of Chapters 1-17 plus Chapter 30 and full appendices, the National Version consists of Chapters 1-20 plus Chapter 30 and full appendices, and the National/State/Local Version consists of Chapters 1-30 and full appendices. Each chapter concludes with a Summary, List of Key Terms and Further Readings.
I. CONSTITUTIONAL PRINCIPLES.
2. The Living Constitution.
The Constitution of the United States.
3. American Federalism.
II. RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES.
5. Equal Rights Under the Law.
6. Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property.
III. THE POLITICAL PROCESS.
8. The American Political Landscape.
9. Interest Groups: The Politics of Influence.
10. Political Parties: Essential to Democracy.
11. Public Opinion, Participation, and Voting.
12. Campaigns and Elections: Democracy in Action.
13. The Media and American Politics.
IV. POLICY-MAKING INSTITUTIONS.
15. The Presidency: The Leadership Branch.
16. The Judiciary: The Balancing Branch.
17. The Bureaucracy: The Real Power?
V. THE POLITICS OF NATIONAL POLICY.
19. Making Social Policy.
20. Making Foreign and Defense Policy.
VI. STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT.
22. State Constitutions: Charters or Straitjackets?
23. Parties and Elections in the States.
24. State Legislatures.
25. State Governors.
26. Judges and Justice in the States.
27. Local Governments and Metropolitics.
28. Making State and Local Policy.
29. Staffing and Financing State and Local Governments.
30. The Democratic Faith.
The Federalist, No. 10.
The Federalist, No. 51.
The Federalist, No. 78.
Presidential Election Results.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >