Government in America: Brief S.O.S. Edition / Edition 8by George C. Edwards III, George C. Edwards, Martin P. Wattenberg, Robert L. Lineberry
Pub. Date: 01/09/2007
Publisher: Longman Publishing Group
Framing its content within a “politics matters” theme, Government in America illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, motivating students to become active participants in all aspects of political culture.
Table of Contents1. Introducing Government in America.
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties and Public Policy.
5. Civil Rights and Public Policy.
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media and the Political Agenda.
8. Political Parties.
9. Nominations and Campaigns.
10. Elections and Voting Behavior.
11. Interest Groups.
13. The Presidency.
14. The Congress, the President, and the Budget: Politics of Taxing and Spending.
15. The Federal Bureaucracy.
16. The Federal Courts.
17. Economic Policy Making.
18. Social Welfare Policymaking.
19. Policymaking for Healthcare and the Environment.
20. National Security Policy Making.
21. The New Face of State and Local Government.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >