- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Pueblo West, CO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole- punched, loose-leaf version. Books à la Carte also offer a great value for your students—this format costs significantly less than a new textbook.
Updated in a new 15th edition, Government in America: People, Politics, and Policy, illustrates the impact that government has on the daily lives of each and every American, particularly its effect on students. Designed around the theme that “politics matters,” this descriptive text emphasizes public policy — what government actually does. It contains recent political developments and policy on the global economic recession and addresses President Barack Obama’s impact on our current government.
1. Introducing Government in America.
Part 1: Constitutional Foundations
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties and Public Policy.
5. Civil Rights and Public Policy.
Part 2: People and Politics
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media and the Political Agenda.
8. Political Parties.
9. Nominations and Campaigns.
10. Elections and Voting Behavior.
11. Interest Groups.
Part 3: The Policymakers
13. The Presidency.
14. The Congress, the President, and the Budget: Politics of Taxing and Spending.
15. The Federal Bureaucracy.
16. The Federal Courts.
Part 4: Policies
17. Economic Policymaking.
18. Social Welfare Policymaking.
19. Policymaking for Healthcare, the Environment, and Energy.
20. National Security Policymaking.
Part 5: State and Local Government
21. The New Face of State and Local Government.