Great American Christmas Bookby Nonesuch Press, Overlook Press
In 2006, Overlook debuted The Weekend Book, an enchanting treasury of off-hours activities from the England of yesteryear. Now this famous publishing tradition moves to America, with an all-new look at the most American of holidays -- Christmas. The Great American Christmas Book covers everything wintertime, from customs to colloquialisms, from snowy games to wintry snifters. The Great American Christmas Book includes:
- Amusements and games the whole family will love -- many requiring nothing but a heap of rubbish!
- Instruction in the production of home-made candy!
- The art of trumping your neighbors in the annual Christmas lights war!
- Ignorable advice regarding cookie-dough safety!
- How to make home-made gifts that will only slightly disappoint the recipients!
- Tips for the selection and execution of the perfect tree! History! Poetry! Carols!
- The official ultimate Christmas feast, and a variety of drinks to wash it down with!
- Lavish illustrations!
- And much, much more.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.72(w) x 7.98(h) x 1.04(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Just wonderful. A charming beautiful book that will fit perfectly in a stocking, with ideas that are both old and charming and as relevant today as they ever were- I bought five more after receiving my first order and plan to give them to all of my grandchildren. The illustrations are wonderful.