Great Astronomers (Illustrated)by Sir Robert S. Ball
• It has been my object in these pages to present the life of each astronomer in such detail as to enable the reader to realise in some degree the man's character and surroundings; and I have endeavoured
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
• The book is an edited and illustrated version of the original one and includes 18 or more unique illustrations which are relevant to its content.
• It has been my object in these pages to present the life of each astronomer in such detail as to enable the reader to realise in some degree the man's character and surroundings; and I have endeavoured to indicate as clearly as circumstances would permit the main features of the discoveries by which he has become known.
There are many types of astronomers—from the stargazer who merely watches the heavens, to the abstract mathematician who merely works at his desk; it has, consequently, been necessary in the case of some lives to adopt a very different treatment from that which seemed suitable for others.
- BN ID:
- Five Star Publishing, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 4 MB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Contrary to what the Barnes & Noble synopsis says, this IS and OCR (optical character reader) captured book with format errors and many wrong characters. It seems to be an exact copy of the file in The Internet Archive, not proofread and corrected by a human. You can understand most of it, but reading is not as pleasant as it could be if the book were corrected for OCR errors.