Great Escape Mazesby Roger Moreau
part in some of the most daring, courageous escapes of the twentieth century. You will need to muster your determination, keep your wits about you, and focus on small details in order to complete more than 20 challenging mazes. Forget the boring labyrinths of puzzle books and cereal boxes, these intricate adventures are drawn with striking detail and are all based on historic events. Put yourself in these death-defying situations:
• Find your way off the sinking Titanic onto the iceberg.
• Descend ropes to escape the burning Hindenburg.
• Find a clear tunnel passage to help Allied soldiers break out of the German prisoner-of-war camp Stalag Luft III.
• Help the Dalai Lama avoid capture by Chinese communist troops.
• Guide the crew of the Apollo 13 moon mission back to earth.
• Determine whether it was possible to escape from the prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay. As you wend your way from disaster and doom to safety and freedom, you will learn what the real people faced with these situations had to overcome, from rocky terrain, strong ocean currents, and the forces of nature to invading armies, impenetrable fences, and exploding torpedoes. Of course, unlike the historic adventurers, you will have the solutions to the mazes at your fingertips at the back of the book. 64 pages, 58 b/w illus., 8 1/4 x 11.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.28(w) x 10.98(h) x 0.31(d)
- Age Range:
- 9 - 12 Years
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >