Bashar Abdul Jawad is a senior software engineer at Video Monitoring Services, Inc., as well as a practicing Java, Groovy, and Grails expert, and he has a number of web sites in operation today based on Groovy and Grails.
Groovy and Grails Recipesby Bashar Jawad
Groovy and Grails Recipes is the busy developer's guide to developing applications in Groovy and Grails. Rather than boring you with theoretical knowledge of “yet another language/framework,” this book delves straight into solving reallife problems in Groovy and Grails using easytounderstand, wellexplained code snippets/em>
Groovy and Grails Recipes is the busy developer's guide to developing applications in Groovy and Grails. Rather than boring you with theoretical knowledge of “yet another language/framework,” this book delves straight into solving reallife problems in Groovy and Grails using easytounderstand, wellexplained code snippets. Through learning by example, you will be able to pick up on Groovy and Grails quickly and use the book as an essential reference when developing applications.
What you’ll learn
- Discover elegant and efficient solutions to common programming problems and web development tasks.
- Get and reuse practical examples for both Groovy language and Grails framework, using the latest stable versions of each.
- Perform a wide range of development tasks that cover all of the web development tiers, from View Layer to Service Layer to Domain Layer.
- Access the wide range of available Grails framework plugins.
- Obtain the recipes to integrate Spring, Hibernate, SiteMesh, and more with the Grails web framework.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java and web developers who are interested to learn more about Groovy and/or Grails and are looking for reallife, working examples of how to achieve common programming tasks in Groovy and Grails.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Groovy
- From Java to Groovy
- Groovy Data Types and Control Structures
- Object-Oriented Groovy
- Working with Databases
- Testing with Groovy
- Miscellaneous Recipes
- Getting Started with Grails
- The Web Layer
- The Data Layer
- Miscellaneous Recipes
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
B&N does not ship the eBook in a format that allows the number of columns to be modified; thus, you are stuck reading code examples in 3 column mode, making the code snippets difficult to read. Unlike O'Reilly, who overcomes this obstacle by offering a $4.99 upgrade for friendlier eBook formats, Apress does does not offer this solution to their customers.